State Senator Jason Lewis was recently joined by Wakefield Chamber of Commerce Executive Director Marianne Cohen on a “Main Street Business Walk” to meet some of Wakefield’s entrepreneurs and small businesspeople, and to hear directly from them the challenges that their businesses face and how state & local government can continue to be a productive partner for them. Senator Lewis heard positive and thoughtful feedback from the owners of these popular small businesses, and thanks them for their time and valuable insight.
Among the members of the Wakefield business community with whom Senator Lewis and Executive Director Cohen spoke were:
- Ralph Caira of The Italian Kitchen of Wakefield, who shared some of the challenges that his small business faces;
- Doug Hart of Hart’s Hardware, whose family has been in the business for over fifty years;
- Dr. Angela Karogiannis of Wakefield Custom Dental, with whom Senator Lewis discussed health policy;
- Cheryl Mazzarella of Eastern Bank’s Wakefield branch, who shared insights on neighborhood mortgages and small business loans; and,
- members of the team at The Farmland.